The call is now open for applications for the ACEI EPCE 2016 Award, closing date 19 February 2016. Members are invited to encourage their colleagues to apply and support their applications.Award Criteria
The 2016 ACEI Emerging Professional Consulting Engineer (EPCE) award will be presented to a consulting engineer with excellent communication skills, business acumen, technical capabilities and strong ethical values.
The award competition is a great opportunity to showcase your experience to date, add value to your credentials and be publicly recognised as a rising talent by the leaders in your profession and win prize money of €1,000.Candidates are required to submit a written application including:
Entries should also be submitted with one or two pages containing the following information:
- A description of the qualities and skills you believe you possess that meet the criteria of an ACEI EPCE (max 500 words);
- An outline of the main challenges currently facing the consulting engineering profession in Ireland and how you think they could/should be addressed (max 500 words);
- A description of a project in which you played a key consulting engineering role. Demonstrate clearly how you met the client’s brief and brought excellence in design, innovation, sustainability, health and safety and value for money to the project (max 1200 words).
To qualify for the competition applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Full name of applicant;
- Name of ACEI member company;
- Qualifications obtained to date and CPD courses undertaken;
- Brief career history including dates, company name(s) and position(s) held;
- Professional memberships and voluntary committee/organisation activities;
- Signature and supporting statement (max 200 words) from ACEI Fellow (FConsEI).
- Be a Chartered Engineer;
- Be 35 years of age or under on 31st March 2016;
- Have four or more years relevant experience;
- Be employed in an ACEI member company;
- Be supported by an ACEI Fellow (FConsEI).
Applications should be sent to: ACEI EPCE 2016 Awards, 46 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, or by email to: email@example.com not later than 5pm on Friday 19th February 2016.
The ACEI will set up an adjudicating panel to assess the applications and chose a shortlist of up to six candidates. The short-listed candidates will make a presentation to the panel and two or three finalists will be selected. The overall winner will be formally announced on 8 April 2016 at the ACEI 2016 Annual Awards Dinner.