2 Day CPD Validated Course - Project Supervisor Design Process *** Receive 10% discount for 2 or 3 bookings
*** Receive 15% discount for 4 or more bookings
Aim of the Course:
- Staff of Member firms (subsidised rate) €595
- Engineers Ireland members €645 (EI Membership No. must be provided)
- Non ACEI/Engineers Ireland Members - €745
- Fee includes copy of documentation, lunches and refreshments
The course is directed towards engineers who will fulfill the role of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.Who should attend?
Chartered Engineers and permanent works designers. It is required that participants should have completed the ACEI / Engineers Ireland “Designing for Safety in Construction” (DSC) course.Programme:
Topics covered during the course will include:
- Overview/ General Application of the 2006 Regulations; Accidents in Construction and Maintenance
- Duties of the Client; When is a PSDP appointed; Duties of Project Supervisor Design Process .
- PSDP & Designer Interface; Asbestos; Anchor Code of Practice; Underground Services Code of Practice,
- Designers Role - A PSDP’s Perspective; Designer’s Assessment of Safety; Co-ordination of designers and organising co-operation between designers.
- Getting Agreement on Practical Solutions; Preparation of Preliminary Safety & Health Plan;
- The PSDP Role during Construction Stage; The Safety File.
The lectures will be interspersed with short workshops, involving active participation by the course delegates, reinforcing the critical steps for the PSDP in meeting their obligations and generating the key deliverables for the PSDP over a variety of practical construction cases. The course will include an open book written exam.Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the module, a participant will be able to:
- Assess his/her own competence to take on the role of PSDP in the case of a project of a particular size and complexity.
- Advise clients (in particular inexperienced clients) of their statutory duties.
- Demonstrate competence to act as PSDP to a potential client.
The course trainers are all practicing chartered engineers working in consulting engineering design companies experienced in the role of PSDP.Trainer/course designer profiles
DIT Masters of Engineering in Sustainable Infrastructure
- Patrick Cassidy BE, DAL, EurIng, CEng, FIEI, MCIWEM, MCIAb, FConsEI
- Michael Moriarty MEngSc., BE, FConsEI, CEng MIEI
- Kevin Rudden BScEng, DipEng, DLS, FConsEI, CEng. MIEI Eur-Ing
- Ian Anderson, CMIOSH CEng MSc(OSH) BSc (Hons) CivilEng
After successful completion of the course, if participants submit a project assignment and undertake an interview, they will be assessed by DIT and can attain 5 ECTS credits equivalent to one module on the DIT Masters of Engineering in Sustainable Infrastructure. Further information from Dr Niall Holmes in DIT - email@example.comTime:
09.00 – 5.00 p.m. (Registration from 8.30 a.m.)Venue:
Sandymount Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 Booking Enquiries:
Tel: +353 1 6425588