Benefits of ACEI membership include the following:
- Collective lobbying with Government at local and European level, in particular relation to EU Directives
- An enhanced professional reputation through ACEI Involvement in construction industry initiatives
- Regular information and updates on industry matters
- Advice and guidance on best business practices issues
- Collective promotion of consulting engineering services
- Advice on PI Insurance and risk management issues
- Advice and practice guidance on Irish legislative changes and relevant European Directives
- Online promotion and marketing of member firms through ACEI Website with links to the European (EFCA) and International (FIDIC) websites
- Inclusion in hard copy Annual Review & Directory of Members which is circulated to all Government agencies, banks, building societies, embassies and senior officials of Government departments
- Discounted participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) educational programmes provided for member companies and their staff
- Provision of certification for clients regarding member firm qualifications, competence and related expertise
- Representation to public and private sector bodies in relation to business practice procedures on matters including Quality Based Selection, Professional Liability, Integrity Management and Health and Safety
- International recognition of member firms through ACEI membership of International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA)
- Monthly newsletters with up-to-date information on issues relevant to consulting engineering practices.
- Opportunity to submit projects for ACEI Annual Design Excellence Awards and attend gala Awards Dinner
- Opportunity for qualified employees in member firms to apply for annual Emerging Professional Consulting Engineer (EPCE) award
- Opportunity for qualified employees in member firms to apply for ACEI Fellow Professional Consulting Engineer (FConsEI) and ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineer (RConsEI)
Cost of Membership
Membership Registration Fee (MConsEI): €200.00
(once off payment to accompany the Company Membership application form)
Note: If a company application (MConsEI) is approved during the first six months of a calendar year, a 50% subscription is payable.
If a MConsEI application is approved during the last six months of a calendar year, no subscription is required in that year.
The Association subscription formula is based on:
- Payment of a subscription fee for each ACEI Fellow Professional Consulting Engineer (FConsEI) listed in the company (must be at least one FConsEI per firm).
- Payment of a subscription fee for each ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineer (RConsEI) listed in the company (no minimum number of RConsEI required).
- Plus a payment in respect of all other staff, in any role, up to a ceiling of 60:
The 2018 Annual Subscription rates are as follows:
- ACEI Fellow Professional Consulting Engineers (FConsEI): €427.00 per person
- ACEI Registered Professional Consulting Engineers (RConsEI): €228.00 per person
- Other employees including engineers, technical and administrative: €128.00 per person (up to a maximum of 60)