ONLINE - 2 Day CPD Validated Course - Project Supervisor Design Process
Course Dates and Times:
Day 1 - Thursday 17 June 2021 9.00am-5.00pm
Day 2 - Thursday 24 June 2021 9.00am-5.00pm
- Staff of Member firms €480
- Engineers Ireland members €480 (EI Membership No. must be provided)
- Non ACEI/Engineers Ireland Members - €560
*** Receive 10% discount for 2 or 3 bookings
Aim of the Course:
*** Receive 15% discount for 4 or more bookings
The course is directed towards engineers who will fulfill the role of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.Who should attend?
Chartered Engineers and permanent works designers. It is required that participants should have completed the ACEI / Engineers Ireland “Designing for Safety in Construction” (DSC) course.Programme:
The course will be run online over a 2 day period. This is a virtual classroom in which participants will require access to a webcam and microphone for live, interactive sessions with the trainers throughout the day.
Topics covered during the course will include:
- Overview/ General Application of the 2006 Regulations; Accidents in Construction and Maintenance
- Duties of the Client; When is a PSDP appointed; Duties of Project Supervisor Design Process .
- PSDP & Designer Interface; Asbestos; Anchor Code of Practice; Underground Services Code of Practice,
- Designers Role - A PSDP’s Perspective; Designer’s Assessment of Safety; Co-ordination of designers and organising co-operation between designers.
- Getting Agreement on Practical Solutions; Preparation of Preliminary Safety & Health Plan;
- The PSDP Role during Construction Stage; The Safety File.
The course will include an open book exam.Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the module, a participant will be able to:
- Assess his/her own competence to take on the role of PSDP in the case of a project of a particular size and complexity.
- Advise clients (in particular inexperienced clients) of their statutory duties.
- Demonstrate competence to act as PSDP to a potential client.
The course trainers are all practicing chartered engineers working in consulting engineering design companies experienced in the role of PSDP.Trainer/course designer profiles
DIT Masters of Engineering in Sustainable Infrastructure
- Patrick Cassidy BE, DAL, EurIng, CEng, FIEI, MCIWEM, MCIAb, FConsEI
- Michael Moriarty MEngSc., BE, FConsEI, CEng MIEI
- Kevin Rudden BScEng, DipEng, DLS, FConsEI, CEng. MIEI Eur-Ing
- Ian Anderson, CMIOSH CEng MSc(OSH) BSc (Hons) CivilEng
After successful completion of the course, if participants submit a project assignment and undertake an interview, they will be assessed by DIT and can attain 5 ECTS credits equivalent to one module on the DIT Masters of Engineering in Sustainable Infrastructure. Further information from Dr Niall Holmes in DIT - firstname.lastname@example.org
Online via MS Teams Booking Enquiries:
Tel: +353 1 6425588